Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Lay Day 1, Annapolis, MD (Day 44)


Got up late since it is a lay day (yes, I do get some rest!).  It seems less humid today. 


EARLY MORNING ANNAPOLIS HARBOR, MD

I made coffee and did my morning reading. Afterward I put some of the stuff in the fridge but noticed the meat had all thawed! I will have to refreeze it, not the best but I have no choice. 

Watched students at the Academy doing the morning workouts with the standard cadence sound off of the military. I don't miss it at all!


EARLY MORNING WORKOUT NAVAL ACADEMY STUDENTS
Had some breakfast, washed the dishes, and then took another look at the head faucet. Unfortunately, someone had previously serviced it and stripped the threads and I could not get the valve apart. I gave up on that project and put it together so it can at least be used until I find parts. 


CLASSIC KETCH RIGGED SAILBOAT
I called West Marine and ordered the whole assembly to be delivered to Deltaville, MD on Friday. I will be in Solomon Island tomorrow eve and Deltaville on Friday, weather permitting?  

I then got a cleaning kit together and decided to go wash the outside hulls since they were becoming embarrassingly filthy. A lot of dirt is picked up in these harbors. A couple hours later I was done and the boat looked much better. 


ANNAPOLIS HARBOR MOORING FIELD
EARLY MORNING

I have been running the generator since 0800 this morning but the batteries are only showing 12.1 volts, mostly because of the fridge, the PC, and the fan I am running. If solar kicks in it jumps up to 12.7 volts but when the solar outbput drops, the batteries drop. Very difficult in these warm conditions (94 F out, 89 F in) to keep up when on a mooring. I should be at a dock tomorrow and hopefully I can gain back some lost ground!

Made a chicken salad sandwich for lunch with a cold beer and chips. 

Worked on the blogs and am almost caught up now. I am thinking of going ashore for an ice cream and to take some pics.

Got presentable, loaded the dinghy, and headed to shore for a walk around the streets for awhile and have the ice cream I had on my mind.

1500 is maybe a little late to have ice cream but I will just have dinner later. Need to keep using my fresh meat since I'm not sure how long I can keep it with the fridge problem.

Below are some pics from my walk & the eve:


ALEX HALLEY SCULPTURE
MARYLAND STATE HOUSE
ONCE THE CAPITOL OF THE U.S.

THE FACTS
MORE OF THE STATE HOUSE COMPLEX

THE STREETS

LOTS TO SEE AND NOT ENOUGH TIME!
PEACEFUL EVE


No comments:

Post a Comment