Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Lay Day 1, Cape May, NJ (Day 37)

Went out for breakfast since the marina gave me a $10 coupon toward breakfast. Not bad! Made up for tips paid to the dock hands.


I WONDER?

Not much going on today except wait and rest.  It is hot, hot, hot! 100 degrees F in the cockpit, 98 F in the cabin!

Caught up on email, banking, expense sheets, calls home, and other chores.

Got a query from Ted King (TomCat 9.7 owner) that he did not receive my safety message that I was docked in Cape May last night.  He was concerned with Hurricane Cristobal off the east coast. Thankfully someone is watching!  I did send the message and it shows in my device history but evidently transmission failed?

I repaired the leak in the water system today and the pump no longer runs regularly. A loose hose clamp on a hidden hose T-connection under the floor was the problem. Topped up the water tank again after the repair.


SOME OF THE COMMERCIAL FISHING FLEET IN THE BACKGROUND, THIS IS THE NARROW CHANNEL INTO THE MARINA

Walked around a little and took some pictures. Had to defrost the fridge again. With all this heat the little fridge has a real hard time and starts frosting up the unit insulating it from the main fridge compartment so it begins to warm up.

Walked over to the Wawa (equivalent to 7/11) to pick up some water. Looking for a place for dinner tonight.  Don't feel like eating on board with this heat.  Found a good Mexican place I plan to try.  I had fish last night.


AN EXTENSION PAST THE MARINA PROPER
SOME ARE PRIVATE SLIPS

Got the anchor into position for tomorrow. My plan is to depart here in the morning at slack tide (1045) and anchor by the USCG Station until I can depart Friday morning. I need a full day to make it to Delaware City (50+ NM), so a sun rise start is required.

AERIAL VIEW OF THE MARINA
A VIRTUAL MAZE TO GET LOST IN!

I hope we get some relief from this heat, I can't wear clothes more than a day when you sweat constantly!

Took

No comments:

Post a Comment