Friday, June 22, 2012

Copper Harbor Storm


I kind of left Copper Harbor in a hurry because weather was favorable to go.  However, I needed to get gas, but the only gas station in town was closed because the owner had to take his wife to the hospital in Houghton.  He was closed for four days! 

I was going to go to the marina in the afternoon to get gas but then the rain storm hit and I could not go anywhere for several hours. It poured down, as you will see below. 

I was determined to at least get out to my favorite, the Harbor Haus, for dinner and I waited until 7 pm and finally just went in spite of the light rain, got a little wet but not bad.  I took along rain pants in case it got worse...it did!  I had all my rain gear going back and it was a good thing! It poured down rain for the half mile or so it took to motor the dinghy to the boat.
My Bike, Sometimes Carried Below
Roll Cloud Coming!
Getting Ready To Hit
Nasty Stuff!
Here it Comes
Coming Down Hard
And Harder!
Everything Is Getting Wet, Fortunately Inside Is Dry
So What Do You Do?  Go On The Internet!
Close Up Of The BadBoy Wireless Router

I spent most of the afternoon uploading pictures of the last leg to the blog and reading and sending email.  At this location I had to buy service but it was only $4 and lasted almost 48 hours. 


No comments:

Post a Comment