Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Eagle Hbr to Copper Hbr

Today I was not sure of going early since there was a big storm system to the SW moving my direction.  At first I decided to wait, then after examining winds and the speed of storm movement, I decided it was better to go since winds would become easterly in early afternoon. 

I departed Eagle Harbor about 0900 and was at anchor in Copper Harbor before noon.  I beat the rain and in fact the storm kind of broke up before I got here.  Below are a few pictures of the arrival at Copper Harbor:

06/19 Eagle Harbor to Copper Harbor 13.8 NM
Middle Marker Entrance Buoy
Approaching The Harbor Entrance

Copper Harbor Light House

 Copper Harbor - Hazardous Entrance In Weather!
Very Well Maintained

Reefs At Entrance-See How To Use A Range

Tours Run From Marina Daily
One Of The Best Restaurants On The Lake!
Entering Anchorage Area
Marquette Sailboat - Out Bound
Getting A Start With Sails Up
Home Of The Isle Royale Queen
I will stick around a couple days and try to catch up on some work projects and watch for a weather window for Caribou Island, if that does not work I will go to Grand Marais, Michigan.  That's what happened last year, but I'm hoping to make Caribou after my third attempt.  No real protection out there so you have to pick your weather window to be there.  Caribou is 80 NM east, Grand Marais 90 NM southeast.  Both long legs!

No comments:

Post a Comment