Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Typical Dinner Meal

One of the things about sailing is that you always try to eat well.  It makes up for some of the unpleasant situations you may encounter.  Although I had nothing adverse yesterday, maybe the weather was a bit blustery?   But I did not notice, since I mostly worked inside.  Here was the end of the day reward:

Mixed Veggies Ready to be Wrapped.
 Parchment is so easy to work with and a great way to prepare veggies.

The Completed Wrap in Parchment
 I had to do some Internet searching before I came up with the right way to make the wrap.  400 degrees for 30 minutes worked.

The Finished Product: Smoked Beef Brisket, Veggies  Baked in Parchment, French Baguette w/ Olive Oil, and a Good Wine. 
I always eat well and this is a great picture of not an untypical dinner on board.  It was a surprise since I thought I had a steak for dinner but it turned out to be some smoked beef brisket!  The baguette I bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees to warm for serving.  As you can see, I'm not camping!

No comments:

Post a Comment