Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Lay Day-Grand Marais, MI (Day 8)

Since today was rather rainy and cold (48F at wake up!) I did not do much picture taking (one exception below). However, I did make a video clip of the harbor and the generator running in the cockpit to recharge batteries. They got down to 11.8 volts last night with all the electrical power use.  

I also did one Tweet (Audioboo) of the ceramic filter that was getting dirty and made my shower quite cold yesterday! If the water flow is inadequate the instant hot water heater does not kick on and heat the water. So once flow gets below a certain point, no more hot water! Unfortunately, I was in the middle of a shower yesterday when that happened. The Tweet shows the filter I cleaned today to ensure adequate water flow in the next few days. 

As a result of the shower sump pump failure and the ceramic filter showing signs of age I placed and order with Amazon today to have both parts delivered to the Soo when I arrive.  
Weather looks okay for the leg tomorrow to Whitefish Pt. Harbor of Refuge and then on to the Soo the following day. Should be in the Soo on the 10th.

For those following, I have not been happy with "BoatLogger".  It had bugs before and still has bugs. It is not showing accurate track information and is not uploading my photos. I will let it run until I get down where there is more regular internet coverage and see if it gets better, but if it doesn't I will remove it from the web site. So don't be surprised if it disappears. However, the media links in BoatLogger are still good, as are all other tabs.  It is just the "logbook" tab that is not working correctly.


A WEDDING YOU ARE GLAD YOU DID NOT ATTEND!
WIND IS 12 KNOTS, AIR TEMP 53 DEGREES F AT 7 PM IN THE EVE.
I saw some folks setting up chairs on shore never dreaming they were going to have a wedding this cold windy evening in the sand on the beach, but they did!  And look at the shorts and short sleeves.  Got to be some cold folks!  Of course, who would have dreamed that on July 8th you would have temperatures like this in Grand Marais. It has been that type of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment